Look Into My Crystal Ball October 10, 2015 14:46
Here at PBHQ we are all about using tools to aid in self realization. While meditation can be a wonderful practice sometimes it can be difficult to quiet the voices in our head telling us to check our phones, remember to pick up xyz from the market, or to re-watch The Jinx on HBOnow for the ninth time. Enter: Crystal Ball. Having an object to put our attention on helps to focus and more importantly, makes us feel spooky AF.
If you're new to scrying, here's how to do it:
- Cleanse your crystal ball using warm water and mild soap. Bonus points: smudge with a sage wand.
- Charge your crystal ball in the light of the full moon.
- Create an environment conducive to deep reflection. A clean, dark room is ideal for this practice.
- Place the ball on a dark surface to reduce outside reflections.
Get to gazing
- Relax and clear your mind as best as possible. The images in the ball come from your subconscious mind so an uncluttered brain is important.
- Take the crystal in your hands and meditate a moment on your intentions.
- Place the ball back in the stand and begin to gaze into it, allowing your eyes to lose focus and your vision to blur.
- In time images and symbols will appear before you, a reflection of your mind's eye. Do not try to make sense of them, just make a mental note and allow them to pass.
- Once you are done, gently put the ball away.
- Take time to write out thoughts on your scrying and make sense of the messages revealed.
Weekend Witch: Andrea of Keramika LA August 16, 2015 23:04
Take it Up a Notch: Using Anointing Oils with Spell Candles August 02, 2015 17:00
Our candles are great all on their own, but sometime it takes a little extra to get the job done. If you're looking to maximize your magical output, an anointing oil is a great way to kick a spell into high gear.
Here's what you'll need:
- Candle, we're doing a protection spell using a blank intention candle, but feel free to use the candle that best suits your desire. Make sure you wipe down your candle to rid it of any dust or grime before using.
- Metal pin.
- Wooden match.
Since we're using a blank candle, we're going to write in what we're intending to achieve. This helps us set an intention and also keeps us from getting our candles mixed up. If you're using a specific spell candle, go ahead and skip this step.
Using the pin, scratch your desire into the surface of the candle. Taking time to meditate on your intention.
Using the back end of your match, poke three deep holes in the surface of your candle.
Anoint! Pour your oil into the holes on top of your candle, still meditating on your intentions.
Light it up! Burn your candle as long as you can safely do so. Make sure to blow out your candles before leaving the house, going to bed or having a pillow fight.
How to Use Smudge Sticks to Purify Your Home May 19, 2015 16:45
Smudging is the ritual of burning dried bundled herbs for clearing energy, dispersing negativity and purifying your space. Most common herbs used are sage, lavender, sweetgrass and cedar. For best practice, one should smudge their home upon moving in and several times a year.
Start at your front door and move clockwise around your home "washing" the smoke around each room, paying special attention to corners and behind doors where stagnant energy accumulates.
Once you have finished the ritual you should dispose of the ashes by returning them to the earth.